Saturday, February 21, 2009

2009/02/21 - Day 16: Low intensity

Just a bit of joint mobility and yoga today. I worked through the Kettlebell foundation's joint mobility and yoga sequences. Like yesterday I took things slowly and focused my attention on the physical sensations produced by each exercise. My sessions yesterday and today brought to my attention the idea that the biggest weak spot in terms of my physical abilities has to do with my general mobility. My training over the past year or so definitely made me stronger and fitter but when it comes to moving freely I have a long way to go. Some of the immobility issues have to do with tension patterns that built up over time and some are related to specific injuries over the years. I will really have to think carefully about the way forward because I'm becoming increasingly aware of the fact that my general physical wellness seems to have more to do with my ease of movement rather than only strength or endurance. I will definitely have to build my training programme on a solid foundation of mobility work in order to reach my full physical potential.

No comments: