Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009/02/07 - Day 2: High intensity

My bodyweight work today was based on max rep drop sets and isometric holds. On paper the session didn't look like much but I assure you I feel pretty worked right now. This is what it looked like:

Max rep drop sets (twice through the circuits):

Push ups, ellipses, screw presses.

One legged squats, assisted one legged squats, trinity squats.

Isometric holds (twice through the circuits):

Crow right, Crow left, full Crow.

Superman hold, Superman hold (bent), plank.


At this point I took about a 10 minute rest and then continued with:

Kettlebells: AKC fitness protocol / 16kg / 4 minutes work / 2 minutes rest:

Jerk: 32/32

Snatch: 32/32

Half snatch: 20/20


The session was as a whole very enjoyable. I like the burn created by the drop sets and isometric holds. The muscle fatigue caused made the kettlebell sets tough going though. The jerk and snatch sets actually felt fairly easy but the last set was hell. I actually dropped the bell twice for a couple of seconds to let my grip relax a bit. Luckily I still managed all my target reps within the time limit. I'm quite curious to see how I feel tomorrow morning.

No comments: