Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2009/01/20 - Day 12: Low intensity yoga

Today's training revolved around joint mobility and yoga. I started off with the Kettlebell Foundation joint mobility program. This was followed by the Kettlebell Foundation compensatory yoga sequence. Working through the two sequences got me nice and warm and I felt like a bit more movement so I worked four times through the Prasara Yoga Cricket flow.

I've been missing the yoga flows lately since I started performing more static yoga postures. There is something very different about holding a posture and flowing smoothly from one position to the next. It seems to be particularly mentally calming; something I definitely need more of. I'll be sure to incorporate flows back into my low intensity days. Who knows, I might even do a full 4x7 at some point based on flows.

No comments: