Saturday, January 17, 2009

2009/01/17 – Day 9: Starting micro-cycle 3 – Strength Day

Today was a moderate intensity day and the start of my third micro-cycle of the current 4x7. I decided to take things up a notch by increasing the sophistication of the BWER moderate day exercises from level 1 to level 2 and by cutting my rest periods down to only 1 minute. I chose not to up the one legged squat’s sophistication since I still need to master the level 1 version. The session went like this:

4 times through the following circuit with 1 minute rests:

Rocca

Reaching Arch

Supported 1 Legged Squat

Although the session didn’t tax my cardiovascular system in any way (which is the plan) I can feel that I did some real work. The Rocca is a great strength builder for the upper body and I feel almost like I’ve had a heavy pressing session in the gym after 4 sets of it. The Reaching Arch is also a nice sophistication of the basic table posture and can be seen as both a good strength builder and an excellent agility exercise. 

No comments: