Sunday, January 18, 2009

2009/01/18 - Day 10: A gradual ascent

With my current 4x7 I'm doing my best to increase the intensity slightly on each high intensity day. In terms of my kettlebell training I achieved this by going 1 level up in the AKC fitness protocol. In terms of the BWER program I added 1 rep per exercise and cut off 30 seconds of rest between supersets. This is what it looked like:

Kettlebells: 3 minutes work / 90 seconds rest:

Push Press: 24/24

Half Snatch: 15/15

LC Push Press: 15/15

BWER High intensity program:

5 supersets / 7 reps per exercise / 90 seconds rest

Quad Squat / Spinal Rock / Leg Swoop / Jump Squats


I was again amazed at how quickly progress has been coming since starting a strict 4x7 format. I don't know how long this type of progress will be sustainable but I'm for sure willing to see how far I can take it before any type of plateau is reached. The kettlebell sets were pretty easy and even the body weight protocol was not nearly as difficult as the first time I did it, specifically in terms of the quality of my technique. It was still quite a smoker in terms of work output though. Tomorrow is a no intensity day; that of course if I can put aside the fact that it is my first day back at work this year.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Welcome back to the grind!

Nice to watch you progress forward with all this. It's a great experiment to watch!