Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2009/03/11 - Day 6: High intensity

Today's session went like this:

Flowfit (level 2):

4 rounds / 3 minutes work / 1 minute rest


I rested for 15 minutes and then did:

Kettlebells / 16kg / 4 minutes work / 30 seconds rest:

LC Jerk: 20/20

Half Snatch: 20/20

LC Push Press: 20/20


Flowfit really kicks ass in a big way. Looking at the DVD it seems so easy, but then again, Scott Sonnon makes a lot of stuff look easy. I found myself gasping for breath in the third and fourth rounds. I clearly have a lot of work to do before I can go for a full 14 minutes or longer without rest. The kettlebell sets went remarkably well and didn't feel nearly as hard as I thought they would. The last set was tough though because my forearm muscles wanted to quit. Luckily I managed to make the target reps within the time. I will now probably move up to 5 minute sets on my next high intensity day (this coming Sunday).

No comments: