Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2009/03/10 - Day 5: Moderate intensity

Today's session consisted of:

Forward Pressure: 5 rounds with 2 minutes rest between rounds

Roll up / butterfly combinations: 3x5

Prasara Spider Monkey flow


My upper body again feels about as pumped as a gymnast's after a rings routine. Interestingly enough the fifth round of FP felt about as tough as day one's fourth round. Progress really does come fast with the 4x7 schedule. My core also gets a nice working over with FP and the addition of some direct core work via role ups and butterflies is sure to enhance this effect. The Spider Monkey is as this point very much just in the learning phases and I am still using the table pose rather than the full wheel. Although I can do a static wheel the transition to wheel as done in the flow is still a bit too difficult at this point. I'm especially curious to see how the Spider Monkey will evolve over the next 23 days.

No comments: