Monday, September 8, 2008

2008/09/08 - Low intensity Intuflow and Yoga

I worked through the Intuflow beginner sequence today followed by a few rounds of the Prasara Cricket and Vine flows. The purpose of the session was just to slow down, release residual tension and be aware of what is happening with my body. It felt good to just observe without pushing anything. One of the things I'm trying to figure out is why I have less ROM in my left hip than the right. It seems as if there is a whole pelvis, hip, lower back (all on the left) thing going on but I cannot fully figure out how it fits together. I have a suspicion that my kung fu training did some damage (particularly the way we used to stretch and some very wrong use of the ma bu stance). As I work more with Intuflow and Yoga I'm sure the puzzle will unfold to the extent that I might regain some of the lost ROM. Let's see where this goes.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Let's collaborate! Hopefully this week's therapy sessions will help uncover some more of my imbalances. You might want to invest in a foam roller! =)