Saturday, September 6, 2008

2008/09/06 - Another day's training

Yesterday I worked late so I missed my scheduled high intensity day. All the sitting yesterday for some reason tightened up my left hip and it is feeling pretty uncomfortable today. I did the Intuflow beginner sequence this morning to see if it would shift something. I do feel looser but the hip is still not wonderful. I decided to train anyway and this is how it went:

Intuflow beginner sequence (I skipped the 4CBD, floor work and breathing at the end)

One arm jerk: 8 minutes @ 8rpm: 32/32
Snatch: 6 minutes @ 12rpm: 36/36

Swings (24kg): 20/20

Twice through the Prasara yoga Vine flow.


For some reason my hip felt a lot better after the jerk session. The jerks actually seemed to relax whatever was stuck a bit. The Vine flow is something else. I'm grateful nobody can post my performance on Youtube - it was ugly. I enjoy the flow a lot but it is going to take a long time before I can do any of it in such a way that it resembles yoga.

2 comments:

Howie B said...

Awww, come on, now we all want to see the Vine Flow!

Keep those hips healthy! Nice job today, I'm jealous.

hunashaman said...

Nope, sorry. You will not see me doing the Vine flow anytime soon. I prefer maintaining my cyber shield. I'd rather type my experiences than actually showing the vids. I'm not yet ready for becoming the next Charlie Chaplin or Laurel and Hardy. Regarding the hips, I think you are somehow managing to make your hip thingy contagious via the web. Then again, one of my psych lecturers did mention to me that I'm prone to psychosomatic problems.