Thursday, August 21, 2008

Armed robbery is a bitch

I haven't been training for the last couple of days. On Wednesday morning (20th of August) at about 12:30 in the morning I fell asleep on the couch while watching the Olympics. I woke up with a 9 milimetre pistol in my face. Three guys (two of them armed) entered my house and proceeded to clean out whatever they could take. I lost my TV, DVD player, Xbox, Hi Fi, New car, PC and laptop as well as other random pieces of household appliances. Thank the Gods that nobody got hurt. Right now my life is a bit upside down but things will eventually be back to normal. I will eventually try to train again but for now I am experiencing unfamiliar emotions that might be fear or desperate anger. Who knows?

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Holy Jeez!!

Forget about all that. None of it is important. Just be glad that you and your wife are safe and unharmed.

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now. I'm glad you acted like you did and that you're here to tell us about it, as I'm sure are many, many other people.

Get things in order. Let the dust settle. Come to grips with the situation and yourself. If you need to talk or vent, don't hesitate.