Monday, August 4, 2008

2008/08/04 - Tweaking and testing

I have become increasingly interested in body-weight training methods over the last few weeks (particularly mobility work and yoga). Due to the emphasis on kettlebell training in my programme I find that I don't have enought time or energy to develop my body weight work to the extent that I would like to. I've thus decided to try and incorporate some ideas from Scott Sonnon's 4x7 programme into my routine. I have not yet decided to what extent I will cut back on kettlebell work. At this stage I know I will train with the bells at least three times per week (maybe even 5 as I have been). What I will however do is follow a 4 day cycle based on 4 different levels of intensity (none, low, moderate and high). My first day on this schedule was today and I decided to start with a moderate day. This is what I did:

Intuflow intermediate level

16kg / 3 minute sets / 1 minute rest between sets

Push Press: 24/24
Snatch: 24/24
Press: 18/18

Swing (24kg): 20/20

3 rounds of the Prasara Cricket Flow.

2 comments:

Howie B said...

So tomorrow is your "no intensity" day? Just Intuflow?

hunashaman said...

Nope, tomorrow is high intensity. Wednesday will be the no intensity day.