Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2008/08/27 Another session (moderate intensity)

Training has been very erratic lately but I did manage a moderate intensity session today. Here is what I did:

Intuflow beginner level

16kg / 4 minutes work / 1 minute rest:

Press: 24/24
Half Snatch: 20/20
Clean: 28/28

Took a short rest and then:

One arm overhead squat (16kg): 2 minutes: 6/6
Swing (32kg): 15/15

Prasara Yoga: Twice through the Cricket flow.


The overhead squats were a bit easier than the previous time I did them. Howie's advice to turn slightly towards the arm that is holding the bell definitely helps. I think this is an exercise where general flexibility may play an even greater role than strength and endurance.

2 comments:

gilesdm said...

My mate started doing these overhead squats and says they are amazing, very difficult but worth persisting with.

What do you think of them?

hunashaman said...

Hey Dan. They are definitely difficult. I'm still struggling to think of them as amazing - more like torture. I definitely think they develop unique athleticism that might not be achieved by other kettlebell exercises.