Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2008/08/19 - Moderate intensity and a new exercise

With the IKFF certification coming closer I'm going to have to start incorporating some neglected exercises into my schedule. Today I threw in some cleans as well as one arm overhead squats (which I haven't trained before). Ouch! Here is what I did:

Intuflow beginner level

Did the following with 1 minute rest between sets:

Press (16kg): 4 minutes: 24/24
One Arm Jerk (24kg): 4 minutes: 16/16
Clean (16kg): 4 minutes: 26/26

2,5 minutes rest

One Arm Overhead Squat (16kg): 2 minutes: 5/5
Swing (32kg): 15/15

Prasara Cricket flow x 2


The overhead squats were very difficult. I didn't have an issue with the arm above my head but it was hell of a difficult to get down low enough into the squat. I now have to figure out where I'm too tight but I suspect it might be my lower back. I'll be working on these squats in the weeks to come.

4 comments:

Howie B said...

It's ok to rotate a bit toward the side holding the bell as you go down into the squat. That may help a bit with the flexibility.

hunashaman said...

Thanks Howie. I'll give it a shot.

charley allen said...

Johan,

When you figure out and master the OH squat, let us know as that move has bedeviled me for a long time.

hunashaman said...

Hey Charley,

Will do. I will be giving the OH squat some serious attention in the next few weeks and I'll be posting my findings here. Hopefully enough attention to this move will allow me to conquer it. Watch this space!