Friday, August 1, 2008

2008/08/01 - My heavier day

Like last Friday I decided to make today the heavier day of the week. I focused on one arm jerks. This is the session:

Intuflow intermediate level

OAJ: 16kg / 3 minutes: 21/21
OAJ: 24kg / 3 minutes: 15/15
OAJ: 32kg / 2 minutes: 5/5

I took 1 minute rest between the sets.

Swing: 32kg: 15/15

Prasara Yoga Cricket Flow beginner level x3.


I decided to do the intermediate level of Intuflow today as a bit of a break from the usual routine. It felt great and I love the way the sequence builds and expands on the beginner level. The emphasis on double breaths in the flowing movements also feels great and left me feeling buzzing with energy. The 32kg jerks were a smoker but I'm glad I got them done. All in all a great end to my training week (well, I might do some more Intuflow and yoga over the weekend). Enjoy the weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

Have a great weekend, Johan.

Those 32kg jerks are pretty brutal!

hunashaman said...

Thank you sir! Maybe in a year from now I'll be doing 20 32kg jerks per arm. Who knows.

Howie B said...

Nice way to finish off the week!

Thanks for the Prasara education yesterday.

As for Intuflow, are you using the mini clubbells in some of those movements?

hunashaman said...

Thanks Howie.
Nope, I'm not using any clubbells at the moment. I'm quite curious about them but being on the other side of the world makes it difficult to get hold of certain types of equipment (like AKC bells or clubbells). I don't necessarily think clubbells are needed for Intuflow. I know Rif seems to be enjoying them but for now I'm happy with the kettlebells and my own body. Maybe when Scott comes to this part of the globe next year I'll change my mind.