Monday, April 26, 2010

Jerks and light snatching

Tonight’s session went like this:

RMAX KB Foundation warm up

2x20kg Jerk: 3 minutes @ 6rpm

16kg Snatch: 5 minutes @ 14rpm

20kg Swing: 20/20

I am finding the double jerks to be somewhat of a two-edged sword. On the one hand holding on to more weight is much more taxing from an endurance perspective. On the other the benefits of doubles seem to outweigh this endurance issue. I am finding that I’m developing a lot of explosive leg strength with the doubles. I am also finding it easier to find rest in the rack position than with singles, perhaps because the weight is evenly distributed. The double rack position just seems to be more comfortable and allows me to relax more than with singles. Another benefit of this balanced posture is that it seems to me that it is helping me to release some postural problems due to tightness built up over the years. Interesting stuff. More tomorrow.

No comments: