Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2009-10-14 - I finally managed to squeeze some training in

Work is absolutely insane at the moment! My usual early evening training schedule has taken a bit of a battering as a result and I am REALLY not going to get up even earlier in the morning to train. Today I luckily had a slightly earlier end to the work day so I managed to squeeze in some training (possibly the only time this week). I focused on one arm jerks.

Warm up: Z NWU 1

24kg OAJ: 5, 7, 9, 11, 10, 10
16kg OAJ: 5, 7, 9, 11, 10, 10

32kg Swings: 15/15

Core work


My approach to the jerk sets was slightly different today. I started off doing 5 right / 5 left with the 24kg followed immediately by 5 right / 5 left with the 16kg (20 reps total). I then rested for 2 minutes and repeated the process all the way up the ladder. This added up to 208 reps. I'll be pretty happy when I get to 300 reps per session but so far I seem to be on track. I also need to get some competition bells so I can start training proper jerks as opposed to only OAJ's.

No comments: