Monday, July 28, 2008

2008/07/28 - Up a notch

Today I decided to drop 30 seconds off my rest periods. My sessions are now based on 3x3 minute sets with 1 minute rest between sets. This is how it went:


Intuflow beginner level

3 minutes of each with the 16kg:

OAJ: 21/21
Snatch: 21/21
OALC: 12/12

Swing (32kg): 15/15

Prasara yoga as a cool down.


I was surprised to find that I didn't feel the shorter rest periods as much as I thought I would. I did however work at a slower rpm than I normally do. Maybe I'll drop another 30 seconds in about a week or so and see what happens. I also found today that I'm finally starting to get the technique for the GS style swings. I've been struggling for a while to figure out the groove so I'm glad that they are starting to feel right. Tomorrow I'm flying out really early for a day long business trip and I'm likely to be back at about 8pm so there might be no time to train. We'll see.

2 comments:

Howie Brewer said...

Nice work. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that you'll notice the difference when you drop to 30 second rests. 30 seconds never seemed so short when I got down there using the 12kg.

hunashaman said...

Thanks Howie. I totally believe you on that one. 30 seconds is not a long time and I can still remember (not so fondly) what Tabata swing sets felt like. I'm sure the AKC protocol with just 30 second rest periods feel somewhat similar.