Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2009/04/28 - Day 17: Intuflow and an old friendship rekindled

After my Intfuflow session today I felt like moving a bit more, but in a relaxed fashion. I went to www.warriorarts.co.uk and downloaded Erle Montaigue's excellent free ebooks on the so called "old style" of Tai Ji as developed by Yang Lu Chan. I used to practice this style (as well as the less martially oriented Yang Cheng Fu form) extensively a few years ago. It was great to rediscover this trustworthy old friend on the lawn outside. The movements felt a bit rusty but after playing around a bit with the first section of the form I felt great. Tai Ji really is a perfect compliment to the strength oriented training I've been doing lately. Who knows, it might just become part of my daily schedule again like it used to be.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Holy Cow! There is a tremendous amount of information over there!!

This is going to take some time to go through. Although I was not able to get out on World Tai Chi Day, I may be attending class on Saturday to practice some forms and give a small kettlebell demonstration.