Sunday, April 5, 2009

2009/04/05 - Day 2: High intensity mix

Today's session was quite a mixture of methods. This is what I did:

Kettlebells:

OAJ: 16kg / 5 minutes / 12rpm

Snatch: 16kg / 3 minutes / 14rpm

Static holds:

Tuck front lever (attempt): 10 x 6 second holds

Ring support position (attempt): 10 x 6 second holds

Basic body weight work:

Pull ups: 3 x 3

Rocca: 3 x 3

Flowfit (level 1): 1 x 14 minute set


Most of the gymnastic work I did today feels really good but is also enormously difficult. With the front lever I wasn't anywhere near getting a tuck. The ring support position was also pretty ugly. My intent at the moment is to use as much tension throughout my body as possible while executing my very amateurish attempts at getting into some of the postures. Hopefully this will gradually build the required strength and body control to execute the full postures.

2 comments:

Howie B said...

I'm lost now. I have no idea what these exercises are that you are now playing with.

Any vids out there we can see for reference?

hunashaman said...

LOL! Not half as lost as I am - and I am the one actually trying to do the exercises. I'll try and put some video links up to some of the exercises.