Monday, December 29, 2008

2008/12/29 - Moderate day and more body-weight work

My current 4x7 is nearing its end and the next one will definitely consist of a combination of kettlebell and body weight exercises. In my session today I selected a recommended moderate day circuit from the BWER ebook to do in conjunction with some kettlebell presses. The session went like this:

Joint mobility

Yaw Press (24kg): 5 x 5/5

4 Circuits of the following with 1 minute rest between exercises:

Hand Press

Table Transition

Supported 1 legged Squat

Compensatory cool-down


The hand press is a great exercise and I can feel that my shoulders got a good workout. The table transition was fairly easy but still challenging because I'm a pretty big guy and the movement feels a bit awkward. The 1 legged squats were a bit of a nightmare and I can feel that I'm going to have to put a lot of work in to be able to get to a full pistol in the foreseeable future. Then again, I've noticed that the incremental progression inherent to CST training methodologies often get you to do movements you thought impossible fairly quickly. Hopefully this is also the case with the ever elusive pistol.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Was this from the Strength routine today?

How do you like that Yaw Press? I have never practiced it myself.