Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2008/12/24 - I did it again

Yes, it's that time of the year again where my poor credit card gets a solid pounding. Apart from buying lots of Christmas presents for others I bought myself (thus far) two big presents namely Scott Sonnon's Tacfit program and Coaches Murdock and Steer's Body Weight revolution 4x7 program.

Sonnon's program is huge and is based around an ebook and 26 video clips demonstrating the various circuits. The program uses body weight, kettlebells, clubbells and sandbags for physical preparation for tactical responders. Given the sheer size of the program I haven't looked at much of it yet but it looks pretty good so far. A full review will probably follow in the new year.

The body weight revolution program is really good. It also includes and ebook and some clips demonstrating various body weight circuits and a compensatory flow. What is really cool about it is that it also thoroughly explains the 4x7 program and various specific uses of it like functional hypertrophy, strength, fat loss and general athleticism. This program will play a big role in my training early in the new year (obviously combined with the bells).

Today being my low intensity day I did some Intuflow and the body weight 4x7's compensatory Prasara flow. It is a really nice flow that will work even for relative newbies to Prasara. The flow is not as complex (or difficult) as some of the original Prasara flows but it works all the right areas nicely. Don't get me wrong; it is not easy but in my experience just a bit easier than the A or B flows. Good stuff.

Now all I need is some clubbells and I might be sorted until next December. I just need to see how much more I can squeeze out of the long suffering credit card.

Happy holidays to all of you reading my blog!

No comments: