Friday, December 26, 2008

2008-12-26 - A level up and adding some body-weight circuits

I stepped up my work with the AKC protocol one more level today and also decided to add in a body-weight circuit from the new Body-Weight revolution 4x7 program. I've been wanting to add some body-weight work into my training for a while now but wasn't really sure what to focus on or how exactly to structure my sessions. The new ebook gave me some great ideas and I implemented some of them today. The session went as follows:

Joint mobility

16kg / 2 minutes work / 1 minute rest:

One Arm Jerk: 16/16

Snatch: 16/16

Press: 12/12

4 times through the following circuit in a superset fashion:

Quad Squats, Spinal Rocks, Leg Swoops, Jumping squats

Swing (32kg): 10/10

Compensatory cool-down


The body-weight work is quite intense and I can feel that my body is not used to it. I didn't experience much endurance problems; it was more of a matter of doing the movements properly. This is sure to introduce a whole new level of learning and I'm sure it will add a lot to my general fitness and especially movement potential.

No comments: