Monday, December 1, 2008

2008/12/01 - High intensity

I've been pretty lazy lately. Work is quite hectic at the moment but at the same time I'm starting to slide into holiday mode - quite a mismatch between my internal dynamics and the demands of the outside world. Since I cannot skip work my training has been the area taking the brunt of my laziness. Luckily I got off my butt today and got a session in. I did the following:

Kettlebell specific joint mobility

2 minute work / 2 minute rest

One Arm Jerk (24kg Right / 16kg Left): 12/12

Snatch (24kg Right / 16kg Left): 12/12

Clean (24kg Right / 16kg Left): 10/10

One Arm Jerk (24kg Right / 16kg Left): 12/12

Snatch (24kg Right / 16kg Left): 12/12

Clean (24kg Right / 16kg Left): 10/10

Swing (24kg): 15/15

Kettlebell specific cool down / compensatory stretches


I'm happy to report that the joint mobility and cool down is getting a lot smoother and is not taking as long as the first time I did it. I've also noticed that the movements are already having a positive impact on my mobility. I suspect this has more to do with the cool down than the joint mobility since the latter is somewhat similar to Intu-Flow whereas a lot of the stretches I have not been doing for a while (and some I've never done before).

1 comment:

Howie B said...

That's the way to go! Come on, with you time off for the holidays, you'll be training TWICE a day soon!!