Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2008/12/17 - Low reps

In my current 4x7 I'm trying to keep the cardio impact as low as possible on my moderate day. The focus is on strength using some classic exercises like jerks, presses, squats and snatches. Although strength focused I'm still using GS style technique rather than high tension methods. My session today went like this:

Joint mobility

Yaw Press (24kg): 5x5/5

Snatch (24kg): 5x5/5

Front Squat (16kg + 24kg): 3 x 5

Swing (32kg): 10/10

Compensatory cool-down


The Yaw press is an interesting military press variation that I found being demonstrated by Scott Sonnon on Youtube. I can definitely see how the movement pattern can have carry over effects for martial arts power generation. Here's the clip of Scott teaching the Yaw Press:

No comments: