Thursday, October 23, 2008

2008/10/23 - Low intensity day

Today was probably my last training session before the IKFF certification this weekend. I am glad the time has finally arrived for Steve and John to show me the errors of my ways and to correct all the small (and probably large) technical errors in my lifting. Thus far I have learnt everything I know about kettlebells either from Pavel's RKC DVD, ETK and web based clips of the likes of Steve Cotter, Valerie Fedorenko and Mike Stefano demonstrating Girevoy sport methods. It would be great to finally learn from a master. I'm hoping to post my experiences on Saturday and Sunday evening after the cert days. Anyway, today I just did some Intuflow and Prasara Yoga.

I worked four times slowly through the Cricket flow and then did a few additional postures like the Cobra, Plough and some forward bends to loosen up stiff back muscles. I am making some good progress with the Cricket flow and it is quite surprising to notice the extent to which Prasara not only brings greater mobility but also a significant increase in strength. I'm really looking forward to spending more time on my yoga and other body weight methods after this weekend.

No comments: