Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2008/10/08 - Finally!!!!

Yesterday I decided to take a day off from training. For some reason I had a bit of DOMS from my moderate day and a busy day at work didn't help much - yes, I'm finally listening to my body. Today I was back in business and did my high intensity training. My plan was, come hell or high water, to do a 10 minute jerk set and a 10 minute snatch set. Snatches have always been my biggest problem and so today I decided to go for 10 minutes switching hands on the minute just to get a 10 minute set in. Maybe going through the psychological barrier would finally open up the whole realm of snatch success for me. Anyway, here is the result:

Intuflow beginner level

One Arm Jerk (16kg): 10 minutes @ 8rpm with one switch: 40/40
Snatch (16kg): 10 minutes @ 13rpm with hand switches on the minute: 65/65


I just did some light stretching afterwards to loosen up tight spots. All I can say is: WOW! My whole body was shaking after the session. After a few minutes of relaxing I reached some kind of weird physical / psychological high that I haven't experienced for years. I felt like I could take on the world and almost decided to start another training session. You've got to love endorphins. Now that the 10 minute snatch barrier has been reached it is a matter of upping the pace as well as minimizing the hand switches. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be a man among men when I do 200 snatches with the 24kg in 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Sweet! Congratulations!!

Put it down on your calendar - next year at this time, let's see where our Snatch workouts are at. Should be very interesting!