Monday, October 20, 2008

2008/10/20 - Cruising

I took the past three days completely off from any kind of training. My body has been feeling tight and tired for the last week or so and I decided to give it as much of a rest as possible. I also decided to take it relatively easy this week given that the IKFF cert is coming up this weekend. I did a moderate session today which consisted of:

Intuflow beginner level

24kg bell / 2 minutes / 1 minute rest:

Press: 12/12
Snatch: 12/12
One Arm Jerk: 12/12

Swing (40kg): 10/10

Prasara to end the session.


I'm not sure why I'm feeling tired but my analytical mind can come up with a million or more reasons. OK, maybe not a million. It has been one hell of a year starting with my injury in March, my mom in law's death in April, hectic work as usual and the armed robbery in August. I feel like booking myself into an Ashram in India for 6 weeks to get away from it all. I'm just really grateful that I managed to maintain some kind of training schedule through all of this. Once Steve and Ken has been here I'm going to take things easy for a while and just focus on enjoying training rather than preparing for something specific.

No comments: