Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009/05/16 - Going "Stage Crazy"

So today I decided to take Ryan Murdock's new "stagecrazy" cardio circuit for a test drive. Like I said in my review of the program yesterday the program was designed for people with very limited time to train who need an intense metcon type program. Furthermore given the fact that stagecrazy comes from an RMax faculty member the program is firmly rooted in the RMax philosophy of health first and the concept of the "6 degrees of freedom." As a result this is not a typical circuit of things like push-ups, crunches etc.

The program consists of 3 x 3 minute circuits, each circtuit consisting of 6 exercises (or movements). After a quick Intuflow warm-up I set my timer and jumped right in. The first circuit felt fairly easy but the second and third were pretty brutal. I was still breathing hard about 5 minutes after the end of the last circuit. I'll be playing some more with this program and Flowfit as my metcon tools in my next cycle starting on Monday.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)

ryan