Friday, May 1, 2009

2009/05/01 - Day 20: High intensity

I pushed the strength work a bit today. I didn't do more but I tried to use high tension methods to really work my muscles as much as possible. The result was a fairly tough session that will for sure lead to some DOMS in the morning. Here is the blow by blow:

Static Holds:

Tuck FL: 10 x 6 seconds

Ring Support: 10 x 6 seconds

Basic body weight work:

Pull ups: 3 x 3

Rocca with feet on box: 3 x 3

Ring jackknives: 3 x 5

Flowfit level 1: 1 x 14 minutes round


The biggest improvements I noticed today were in the Ring supports and Roccas. The ring holds felt solid and I was almost tempted to do a few ring dips but managed to contain myself. My upper body is now almost vertical in the Roccas which means I am fairly close to beginning headstand push ups. Tomorrow will be just Intuflow and Tai Ji.

No comments: