Thursday, November 13, 2008

2008/11/13 - Light day with some Flowfit

I have been toying with the idea for a while now to get Scott Sonnon's CST Golden Three Package, which includes Flowfit, Forward Pressure and Be Breathed. Given that money doesn't grow on trees I however decided to only order his Kettlebell Foundation and Prasara Instructional DVD's. Yesterday I was lucky enough to receive a link via RMax coach Adam Steer's Momentum Training Newsletter to his Flowfit level 1 video clips that he uses for his private online clients. I watched the clips and immediately liked Flowfit. Naturally it had to be part of my session for today, so here is what I did:

Intu-flow intermediate level

Flowfit level 1 (4 rounds of 3 minutes each with 1 minute rest in between)

About 10 minutes worth of Qi Gong


I thoroughly enjoyed the session. I really loved the Flowfit and can clearly see the value of incorporating it into a holistic fitness and wellness program. On a light day like today Flowfit can serve as a relatively gentle workout for just warming the body and creating a sense of mobility and relaxation. On high intensity days it will be easy to up the pace and use it as a smoker. Although different from the Prasara A and B flows it is easy to see that Flowfit is a member of the Prasara family. Some of the movements will be familiar to yoga students whereas others are more general fitness moves that form part of a lot of different training programs. The ingenuity of the program is the way Scott strung the movements together in the form of a flow that encourages a relaxed, focused state of mind while the body is being worked. I will definitely incorporate this into my schedule on a regular basis.

For anyone interested I would highly recommend signing up for Adam Steer's Momentum Training Newsletter for some great fitness, health and wellness tips. You can find sign up information on his website at http://www.coachsteer.com/ The subscription link is at the top right corner of the homepage.

Till tomorrow - Keep moving!

No comments: