Saturday, May 31, 2008

2008/05/31 - Being a jerk(er) on an off day

I was supposed to have an off day today but what the hell, a few jerks and swings cannot hurt. Tomorrow will DEFINITELY have to be an off day.

Z NWU 1
O/A Jerk (24kg): 4 minutes @ 7rpm (one switch): 28
O/A Jerk (16kg): 4 minutes @ 9rpm (one switch): 36
Swings (32kg): 3 x 10R/10L: 60

Yoga and Qigong for 20 minutes.

I'm glad I rediscovered yoga and now also the qigong. My new way of kettlebell training and the addition of joint mobility work, yoga and energy work is shifting my whole attitude towards training. Yes, it still is about getting stronger, leaner and fitter but the more important part is that it is becoming about living a generally better, healthier and more meaningful life. This stuff really is about reclaiming myself.

No comments: