Friday, July 16, 2010

A quick update

Now that the World Cup is over I might actually blog again from time to time. I haven’t stopped training; in fact, it has been business as usual but I didn’t really feel motivated to put my sessions up on the blog. For the last couple of months I’ve been training 4 to 5 times per week. Most of my sessions entailed kettlebell biathlon, some swings and a bit of light body weight work. I’ve recently decided to allow a little bit more variety into my schedule as well as slightly more rest days. This is due to an ever increasing awareness of what exactly my training goals are. In simple terms this is why I train:

1. To enjoy training

2. To feel healthier, fitter, stronger, and more agile/mobile

3. To achieve a sense of comfort with the basic kettlebell lifts

4. To achieve rank in biathlon and StrongSport™

As you can see the ranking aspect is last on the list. The reason for this is that I’m not planning on competing in kettlebell sport or StrongSport™. I am just intending on using these modalities for my general fitness goals because I believe that it is an efficient, healthy and sustainable way of reaching my goals. My plan is to do two sessions a week focusing strictly on biathlon in a timed set format. The other two days will be variety days. The two variety days will still focus on exercises that will facilitate success in the biathlon but will follow a much more flexible format than the formal GS days. In essence I will choose exercises based on what I feel like. I might even use the Gym Movement protocol to select exercises.

Here are my two most recent sessions:

2010-07-15

2x20kg Jerk: 3 minutes @ 6rpm

2x20kg Jerk: 1 minute @ 6rpm

16kg Snatch: 5 minutes @ 14rpm

20kg Swing: 30/30

2010-07-16

All of the below with 2 minutes rest between sets:

20kg OAJ: 2 minutes @ 10rpm

24kg OAJ: 2 minutes @ 10rpm

32kg OAJ: 2 minutes @ 8rpm

20kg Clean: 2 minutes @ 12rpm

24kg Clean: 2 minutes @ 12rpm

32kg Clean: 2 minutes @ 9rpm

No comments: